Recently, when I have told people that I am originally from Seattle they mention how they want to visit it. These conversations inspired me to put together a list of some of my favorite or go to places in Seattle. Most of them aren’t super touristy. Some are places that I miss and always have to go when I am back, others are places that I just gravitated towards when I lived there. A couple of places are places I’ve only been to once or twice but I thought were good enough to mention!
- Agua Verde– I love Mexican food and I love this restaurant’s casual vibe. It is right on the water and above a paddle club!
- Barrio– More Mexican food but good for a nicer birthday dinner.
- Molly Moon’s Ice Cream– I never miss out on a chance to get their salted caramel.
- Witness Bar– Went here once with a friend after searching for new places on yelp. Southern inspired food in the middle of Seattle!
- Duke’s Chowder House– Specifically the Greenlake location. When it is actually sunny the patio is the perfect setting. I also love to order my favorite beer ever here, Mac and Jack’s African Amber.
- Theo Chocolate– You can get a tour at the factory with plenty of samples!
- Flagship Nordstrom- It’s just so big and so nice. This was where I always went to shop the anniversary sale!
- University Village- A lot of typical stores and the parking sucks but I just the love how it is completely outdoors. A good place to get lunch with a friend and browse around, especially on a nice day
- Greenlake- there is the perfect 3 mile walking trail around it.
- Discovery Park- Good place for a mini hike without getting out of the city.
- Kerry Park- the place to go to for Grey’s Anatomy-esque views.
The original Starbucks, Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, and the Fremont Troll are all cool places just not places I would go without a visitor being in town.