In college, sometimes I would joke that my style was a fusion of “ready for happy hour” and “business casual”. Well, I would say that at least when I wasn’t scrubbing it. Since some of my clothes were appropriate for work, there were some items that were already in my wardrobe that I was able to wear to my first post grad job. In today’s post I will be sharing 7 items I wore in college that I wear to work now. If you don’t have some of these items already I really think they are some good basics. Another reason these items are great is because I can wear them to meet up with friends after work.
1. Black Knit Dress: I wore a plain knit black T Shirt Dress for every occasion in college, even going. Now, I wear it to work with nicer sweaters or vests over it since it is long enough.
2. Ponte Pants: the perfect cross between leggings and trousers. Depending on how tight yours are I would recommend still wearing a longer top with them.
3. Long Vest: I bought a black long vest for a study tour in college. Now, it comes in handy to make simple outfits seem a little more pulled together at work.
4. Utility Vest: Yes, another vest. This item was trendy for a while and still kind of is. It is a great piece to just through over a basic dress.
5. Simple Tote: Carries everything you need for while still looking chic.
6. Riding Boots: I have always loved riding boots and they still are appropriate, especially with ponte pants.
7. Booties: I feel like booties can make any casual outfit look a little nicer. I wear them to the bar and to work. Although, I need to get a second pair for the bar that I don’t wear to work…
If your company is more formal I wouldn’t really recommend some of these items. I still make sure to have a few pieces that are more dressy than these even though my company is fairly casual for a corporate setting. These are just some basic items that I was able to transition from college to post grade life so I didn’t have to buy a whole new wardrobe.
To never miss a post be sure to subscribe in the sidebar!