Since I moved to a city where I didn’t know anyone, I joined a club that often has social events on weekdays. I do try to keep most of my social activities to the weekends but sometimes you just got to have fun during the week. Working from 8-5 can make it hard to find time to go home and change though. With that in mind I thought I would put together a style guide for outfits that you can wear from work to happy hour. I will list the key pieces below.
Wear to both work and happy hour:
- Black stretch pants- it is important that these aren’t leggings though. These should be seemed pants so they are still work appropriate. However, I say go for a stretchier pant than regular trousers so you can be comfy during the evening.
- Chiffon tank- a flowy non-cotton tank in solid color is perfect for changing what layer is worn over it depending on the occasion.
- Black booties- they just go with everything.
- Tote bag- so you can carry an transition pieces with you.
Wear to work:
- Traditional jewelry: a simple pair of earrings will do.
- Blazer: this is a traditional work item that can be stored away in your tote during happy hour
Wear to happy hour:
- Leather jacket: more chic than blazer from work.
- Choker: adds some trendiness to the outfit.
If this look doesn’t fit your style, no worries. The key to transitioning a look from work to happy hour is to have a good base and to have layers that can be swapped out!